Industry and event happenings
“BOWLZILLA Wellington – PEACE IS WORTH SKATING FOR” BOWLZILLA Wellington, Waitangi Park 17/02/2024
1 Dec 2023
Dutch SnowFest premiere, December 8–10, 2023
29 Nov 2023
- Snowboarders Henna Ikola (FIN), Leon Gütl (GER) & Pat Fava (USA) win Rock A Rail - Olivia Asselin (CAN) & Jesper Tjäder (SWE) take home DownTown StreetSki titles
28 Nov 2023
The 2023 ISA World Junior Surfing Championship (WJSC) is set to gather the world’s best junior surfers in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on November 24 – December 3, 2023.
Macumba Beach, Rio de Janeiro.
24 Nov 2023
- Amuro Tsuzuki and Keijiro Nishi Win QS 3000 - Natsumi Taoka and Kai Hamase Win LQS 1000
Amuro Tsuzuki (JPN) and Keijiro Nishi (JPN) win the QS 3000 at the inaugural Siheung Korea Open at Siheung Wave Park, South Korea.
20 Nov 2023
Snowboarding – 13.17 January 2024 * Freeskiing – 16.20 January 2024
Ville Jukola | Rookie Men Snowboard Winner | World Rookie Fest 2023
19 Nov 2023
SnowFest Innsbruck celebrates the variety of winter sports from November 24th – 26th, 2023. Rock A Rail Snowboard & DownTown StreetSki contests will be in the heart of Innsbruck.
Haruna Ishihara at Rock a Rail.
17 Nov 2023
Black Yeti and The World Rookie Tour have been pushing their competions to be even more incusive and fun!
16 Nov 2023
- New World Champions Join Past Victors Atop Podium at the 2023 ISA World Para Surfing Championship - France wins first Para Surfing Team World Championship, England win first ever ISA team medal, the copper - Para Surfing’s winningest woman Victoria Feige (CAN) earns fifth gold medal, extends own record - Norway’s first ever ISA medal won by Ismaël Guilliorit
12 Nov 2023
2024 World Rookie Tour is ready, what about you?
3 Nov 2023
- Anon Matsuoka and John Mark Tokong Win 2023 Siargao International Surfing Cup - Tokong Goes Back-to-Back to Claim Fourth Cloud 9 Victory - Matsuoka Consolidates Top Spot on WSL Asia Regional Rankings - Sky Brown and Joh Azuchi Finish Runners-Up
Cloud 9 turned on for Finals Day.
2 Nov 2023
- Gigantic Surf Decides Gold Medalists and Olympic Games Slots at Santiago 2023 Pan American Games - Sanoa Olin (CAN) and Tokyo 2020 Olympian Lucca Mesinas (PER) qualify for the Paris 2024 Olympic Games - Returning Pan American Champions Isabella Gomez (COL), Lucca Mesinas (PER), Connor Baxter (USA) and Benoit ‘Piccolo’ Clemente (PER) win back-to-back gold medals - First Pan American gold medals for Tatiana Weston-Webb (BRA), Maria Fernanda Reyes (PER), Zane Schweitzer (USA) and Candice Appleby (USA) - Rafael Cortez wins host nation Chile’s first Pan American Surfing medal
Punta de Lobos.
31 Oct 2023
The Big Air Festival was back in Chur last weekend - here's the recap complete with photos and highlight video!
Hiroto Ogiwara 'flying'.
27 Oct 2023
- Erin Brooks and Samuel Pupo Win the Corona Saquarema Pro Presented by Banco do Brasil - Brooks Defeats Sophie McCulloch in the Women’s Final - Pupo Victorious Over Mihimana Braye in the Men’s Final - Final 2024 Championship Tour Qualifiers Determined
Corona Saquarema Pro Finalists Sophie McCulloch (AUS), Erin Brooks (USA), Mihimana Braye (FRA) and Samuel Pupo (BRA).
23 Oct 2023
Benny Milam (USA), Rachida Aoulad (NED) and Valentin Morel (SUI) win 1st stop of 2023 Rock A Rail & DownTown StreetSki Tour at Freestyle Roots in Thun (SUI). Next stops: SnowFest Innsbruck (AUT) and SnowFest The Hague (NED).
Annika Morgan taking part in the 2023 Rock a Rail contest at Freestyle Roots Thun.
18 Oct 2023
Shanghai and Budapest have been selected as hosts for the Olympic Qualifier Series, a new series of festival-style events combining sport with urban culture. This decision was confirmed today, 12 October, by the Executive Board of the International Olympic Committee (IOC). The two-part series, taking place in the period leading up to the Olympic Games Paris 2024, will be an important step in determining which athletes qualify in BMX freestyle, breaking, skateboarding and sport climbing for Paris 2024.
12 Oct 2023
Mystic Sk8 Park, Štvanice Island, Prague, CZE, 07. Oct. 2023
Andres Martin Gramaglia Fusconi - 2023 World Rookie Champion
- Soleil Errico and Kai Sallas Win 2023 WSL Longboard World Titles at Original Sprout Malibu Longboard Championships Presented by Tractor Beverage Co. - Errico Claims Third World Longboard Title, Earns Back-to-Back Wins at Malibu Longboard Championships - Sallas Claims Maiden World Longboard Title - Waikiki’s Own Kaleopa’a and Stewart Finish Runner-up
(From L to R) 2023 WSL Longboard Champions Soleil Errico (USA) and Kai Sallas (HAW) winners of the Original Sprout Malibu Longboard Championships Presented by Tractor Beverage Co.
10 Oct 2023
- LAST CHANCE TO REGISTER - Mystic Sk8 Park, ostrov Štvanice, Prague, CZ, 06 - 08 Oct. 2023
Action at the Mystic Sk8 Park.
29 Sep 2023
The new snowboard movie from and with Clemens Millauer, starring an all-Austrian Line-Up
25 Sep 2023
Here's the catch up from this weekend's Paris 2024 qualifier in Switzerland, including the livestream rerun if you missed it!
18 Sep 2023
The third and final challenge of the inaugural international Obsidian Team challenge was held on Wednesday the 13th of September. The challenge was an epic Backcountry Freestyle competition held on the ET face in the spectacular Minaret Range accessed by helicopter.
Mari Fukada in action at the Obsidian Backcountry Freestyle 23 for Team Asia.
14 Sep 2023
Mystic Sk8 Park, ostrov Štvanice, Prague, CZ, 06 - 08 Oct. 2023. REGISTRATIONS ARE OPEN!
12 Sep 2023
- Marks Overtakes Moore in World-Class Title Match for Maiden World Title - Toledo Goes Back-To-Back in Dominant Form Once Again - Ewing and Moore Finish 2023 With Runner-up Performances
Caroline Marks (USA) and Filipe Toledo (BRA) celebrate their victories at the 2023 Rip Curl WSL Finals as the newly crowned World Champions.
10 Sep 2023