Industry and event happenings
- Piter and Gonzalez Etxabarri Win Quiksilver and ROXY Junior Pro 40 - Amatriain & Gonzalez Etxabarri Claim 2021 European Junior Titles - Next Up: Challenger Series at Culs Nus -
The winners of the event, Janire Gonzalez Etxabarri (ESP) and Sam Piter (FRA).
14 Oct 2021
- Honolua Blomfield and Joel Tudor Claim 2021 World Titles at Jeep® Malibu Classic pres. by Havaianas - Blomfield and Tudor Boast Historic Third World Titles - Alice Lemoigne Finishes Season Strong Winning Event- Ben Skinner Earns Career-Best Runner-up -
2021 WSL Longboard Champions Joel Tudor (USA) (L) and Honolua Blomfield (HAW) (R).
13 Oct 2021
- Clean Sweep for Hawaii as Lau and Silva take the top spots - Silva Finds Buzzer-Beater, Claims Career’s Biggest Win - Lau Caps Off Massive Week with Victory in Portugal - Major Moves on Challenger Series Rankings Mid-Season -
Hawaiians rocket up the rankings at the 2021 MEO Vissla Pro Ericeira.
11 Oct 2021
From the heart of the Alps, Innsbruck, Austria, hosted the 2021 edition of the World Rookie Skateboard Finals and welcomed 70 skateboarders from 17 different nations, pre-selected through a series of 10 WRT qualifying events across the Europe and Japan.
* Raimu Sasaki (JPN) wins the title of 2021 World Rookie Skateboard Male Champion & his brother Raimu Sasaki (JPN) is the 2021 World Grom Skateboard Male Champion!
* Aoi Ishimaru (JPN) grabs the 2021 World Rookie Skateboard Female Champion title & Liv Broder (SUI) earns the tile of 2021 World Grom Skateboard Female Champion
* Relive the finals - watch the replay of live broadcast on YouTube that was with pleasure delivered by the Boardriding.com team
* Don't miss the links to the full photo-gallery and Ranking, and check out the highlights video!
Rookie Girls podium at the 2021 World Rookie Skate Finals at Skatehalle Innsbruck, Austria, October 3, L-R: 2nd Lena Muller (SUI), 1st Aoi Ishimaru (JPN) & 3rd Alisa Fessl (AUT). Big congratulations!
Cover picture: Raimu Sasaki (JPN) in action during the 2021 WRT Skate Finals, about to become the 2021 World Rookie Skateboard Champ!
7 Oct 2021
The freestylers open the new contest season with the BIG AIR CHUR. On 22/23 October 2021, freeskiers and snowboarders will begin the Olympic winter together. This and the set-up as a sports and music festival are the reasons why everyone wants to be at the FIS World Cup kick-off at the Obere Au in Chur, Graubünden. The registration and waiting list is abuzz with names and nations. Meaning everyone and their kitchen sink want to be there at the take-off.
Skiing and snowboarding action from autumn to early summer: Kitzsteinhorn at Zell am See-Kaprun, Austria, enters the 2021/22 winter season with a broad offer in freestyle and freeride. After the start of the ski season on October 9, 2021, the Glacier Park will open its doors seven days later. From October 16, snowboarders and skiers will find a unique range of snow parks at the Kitzsteinhorn until May, as the Superpipe and Easy Park will open in December, and the Central Park and South Central Park will follow in the new year. But that’s not all: with its fine freeride and ski touring routes, Salzburg’s only glacier ski area is also a treat for powder fans, ski tourers and splitboarders.
Pictured: Rene Rinnekangas in action at Kitzsteinhorn's Superpipe, Zell am See-Kaprun, Austria.
6 Oct 2021
Under blue skies and best snow park conditions numerous freestyle-snowboarders returned to snow last weekend up at Hintertux glacier to finally get back on the board, which means the world to them. Traditionally the Hotzone.tv Park Opening Hintertux is the winter kick-off for snowboarders, the 17th edition this year took place from September 30th – October 3rd, 2021. An excellent park setup and good weather contributed to high spirits and motivated riders all around.
Pictured: Werni Stock during Werni Stock Invitational, a big air contest that went down during the 17th Hotzone.tv Park Opening at Betterpark Hintertux, Austria, on October 1 2021.
5 Oct 2021
Yesterday (2nd Oct.), the biggest European AM Skate Contest Tour culminated with the Grande Finale in Innsbruck. 42 skaters (including 11 girls) competed for the title, prize money (Men & Women: 1st place 1000 €, 2nd place 750 € & 3rd place 500€) and a once in a lifetime chance to win the STS Skate sponsored winner trip to California.
Congratulations to the best three female riders of the Blue Tomato X Zumiez Best Foot Forward Europe 2021 Finals who battled it out on October 2 at Skatehalle Innsbruck in Austria. Pictured: L-R: 2nd Julia Placek, 1st Liv Broder & 3rd Jeromine Louvet!
3 Oct 2021
World Rookie Tour, the most important international reference for all young athletes who want to earn a space in the professionalism of action sports, will debut in the world of surfing in 2021 with one of the most important youth events of Italian scene: Nimbus Surf Hero.
2021 is the year the Black Yeti is adding surfboard to his collection, right next to snowboard, skateboard & freeski.
1 Oct 2021
Snowboarders from all over the world gather this weekend at Hintertux glacier for the very first Snowpark Opening of the winter season 2021/22. The Betterpark HIntertux is in the spotlight at the 17th Hotzone.tv Park Opening in Hintertux.
Flo Corzelius shredding Betterpark Hintertux.
30 Sep 2021
This Sunday - 3.10.2021 - the Boardriding team will be livestreaming all day from the World Rookie Tour Skateboard finals in Skatehalle Innsbruck!
With skaters coming from Argentina, Austria, France, Romania and of course Italy, the first edition of the Modena Rookie Fest showcased a great level of skateboarding, not only in the competition venue, but also during some street sessions. In fact the program of the event was not based only on a competition, but included as well a touristic visit of Modena city Center where several UNESCO heritage are located, Italian food experience, night session and street session with local guide and a professional media crew.
Competitors at the Modena Rookie Fest 2021 were also treated to some great street sessions in the city.
- Simmers and Colapinto Claim Maiden Challenger Series Wins in California Sweep - Simmers Defeats an In-Form Gabriela Bryan, Colapinto Claims Long-Awaited Major Win - Crucial Points for Coco Ho and Nolan Rapoza with Semifinal Finishes - Hometown Heroes Fall Just Shy of Historic Third Titles -
Caitlin Simmers (USA) (L) and Griffin Colapinto (USA (R) claim their first major WSL wins in Huntington Beach, California.
28 Sep 2021
From the mind of Ryan Sheckler comes the second edition of Red Bull Solus, a digital skate contest challenging 17 of the world’s leading men’s and women’s professional skateboarders competing to deliver the best continuous line from the SC Sandlot, Sheckler’s private skate park in San Clemente, California.
Skatepark course at Red Bull SOLUS in San Clemente, California, USA on 10 September, 2021.
After a season of Sk8 Rookie Fests around Europe and the first Japanese Sk8 Rookie Fest, registrations are open for “Le Grand Finale" in Innsbruck, Austria, where the 2021 Sk8 World Rookie Champions will be crowed and incredible prizes awarded.
* Germany, Japan, Hungary, Germany again, Switzerland, United Kingdom & Bulgaria - all in the books! 3 more qualifying stops about to go down, Czech Republic, Italy & Portugal, and then it is show time!
* Skatehalle Innsbruck will be the perfect host for 2021 WRT Skateboard finals
* The event will be broadcast live by Boardriding.com
* Wild cards to Simple Session 2022 and Mystic Sk8 Cup 2022 can be won, as well as invitation to Rookie Fest Shooting
It's almost time for the World Rookie Tour Skateboard 2021 Champions to be decided - so get to the famous Skatehalle Innsbruck in Austria during October 1st - 3rd! And if you cannot make it then tune into the live broadcast!
22 Sep 2021
The tenth and last stop of the Blue Tomato Best Foot Forward Europe Tour took place on Saturday, 18.09.21 at Reithalle Ulm. And just as awesome as the tour started, it ended.
20 Sep 2021
- Marks Earns First-Ever Super Girl Cape in Phenomenal Form - Hometown Hero Caitlin Simmers Finals Second Year in a Row - Keely Andrew, Alyssa Spencer Garner Semifinal Finishes Ahead of US Open Start -
Caroline Marks (USA) (center) claimed her long-awaited Nissan Super Girl Surf Pro victory and coveted cape.
Black Yeti can't be prouder of the World Rookie Tour Skateboard 2021 and this week proves it. In fact, we are ready for four qualifying events around Europe: after Bulgaria, we will be in the Czech Republic, Portugal and Italy at the same time!
* Only 4 qualifiers remain: Sofia, BUL, 17-19 September 2021 *** Prague, CZE, 24-26 September 2021 *** Benedita, POR, 25-26 September 2021 *** Modena, ITA, 24-26 September 2021
* Essential information, links to registrations and more can be all found inside the news
After Bulgaria, the Black Yeti will head to the capital of Czech Republic where the young talent will battle it out at the legendary Mystic Sk8park in Prague, home of Mystic Sk8 Cup. Make sure to be there between September 24-26 for a chance to qualify for the upcoming WRT Skateboarding 2021 Finals in Innsbruck!
17 Sep 2021
Carissa Moore (HAW) and Gabriel Medina (BRA) are the undisputed 2021 World Surf League (WSL) Champions after defeating Tatiana Weston-Webb (BRA) and Filipe Toledo (BRA) today in their respective Title Matches at the Rip Curl WSL Finals. It was an exhilarating day of surfing at the first-ever, one-day winner-take-all event in pumping, six-to-eight foot south swell at Lower Trestles.
Gabriel Medina (BRA) and Carissa Moore (HAW) win Rip Curl WSL Finals and are the undisputed 2021 WSL Champions - it's the 5th World Title with back-to-back wins for Carissa Moore, and 3rd World Title for Gabriel Medina. Congratulations!
15 Sep 2021
Surprise! Black Yeti dives into the Mediterranean sea for the first ever surf event of the World Rookie Tour. The event is organized by Nimbus Surf Club, the oldest and largest Italian surf club based in Marina di Pietrasanta, Tuscany, Italy.
* Waiting period: 15 September – 31 October, 2021
* Registration will close as soon as the first yellow traffic light calls the contest
* Location: Forte dei Marmi / Marina di Pietrasanta, Italy - the contest will take place on two competition fields, respectively to the left and to the right of the chosen jetty
* Discipline: Shortboard Surfing
Nimbus Surf Hero is the 2nd event of 2021 Italian Junior Surfing Championship, it is organized by Nimbus Surf Club and this year it is the 7th edition of this popular shortboard competition.
From 17th to the 19th September it is time to fly to Sofia, for the first World Rookie Tour skateboard event in Bulgaria! Skate Park Sofia is ready to host the Black Yeti and his little followers!
* Winners in each category qualify to World Rookie Skateboard Finals at Skatehalle Innsbruck, Austria, in early October
* Event program and Registration link included in the news
* Best riders will be awarded with goodies from event sponsors Blue tomato, TSG and Jail Jam
* World Rookie Rank information can be found below
* World Rookie Tour 2021 Skateboard calendar included - only Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Italy & Portugal to go before the 2021 Grand Finale in Austria!
The very first World Rookie Tour skateboard event in Bulgaria is going down between September 17-19, 2021 at Skatepark Sofia. Ready, Steady, Go!
The Grande Finale of this year's Blue Tomato x Zumiez Best Foot Forward Europe Tour is just around the corner! After 9 unbelievable stops in whole Europe, BFF 2021 is coming to Ulm, Germany, on 18th of September! Save the date & register right NOW!!
11 Sep 2021
The US Open of Surfing Huntington Beach presented by Shiseido will be the opening stop on the 2021 World Surf League (WSL) Challenger Series (CS) and runs from September 20 - 26. Some of the top competitors from around the world will compete at the iconic Huntington Beach Pier for 10,000 valuable points toward Championship Tour (CT) qualification.
The iconic Huntington Beach Pier welcomes some of the world's best surfers for the US Open of Surfing Huntington Beach presented by Shiseido from September 20 - 26.
10 Sep 2021
In a few weeks the snowboard community kicks off winter at the 17th Hotzone.tv Park Opening in Hintertux, taking place from September 30th – October 3rd, 2021. As every year the first Opening of the season is celebrated at Hintertux glacier.
Pictured: Anna Gasser, Maxi Preissinger & Melina Merkhofer at Betterpark Hintertux, September 2021.