Travel & Local
Tips & Tricks
How To Snowboarding
How To Surfing
How To Skateboarding
Follow the dreams and travels of Kai Lenny in new 'Life of Kai' series
Kai Lenny prepares to hydrofoil in the Maldives in August 2019.
: / Zak Noyle / Red Bull Content Pool
Wednesday, November 18, 2020
The new Red Bull TV series "Life of Kai" will offer a behind-the-scenes look at the imagination, athleticism and bravery it takes to be Kai Lenny, the iconic Hawaiian big-waver surfer and environmentalist.
Here is all you need to know:
- The series will showcase the wild dreams and travels of the world's most remarkable waterman centred around the dramatic 2019-2020 big-wave season.
- At just 28, and already the youngest person ever elected to the Surfing Hall of Fame, Lenny is a once-in-a-lifetime talent and environmental campaigner.
- The two-time reigning WSL Big Wave Awards Overall winner has won numerous big-wave surfing events, eight paddleboarding world titles as well as competition victories in kitesurfing and windsurfing.
, who has also pioneered hydrofoiling, will offer fans unparalleled access into the inner workings, daily routines and sterling support system of his amazing life.
- The series chronicles Lenny as he chases two of his biggest dreams: winning the cbdMD Jaws Big Wave Championship and hydrofoiling the largest global waves coming off the Atlantic Ocean at Portugal's
- The Paia native explained: "Growing up on Maui as the son of two lifelong windsurfers, all I ever wanted to do was be in the ocean. It was the one place I felt most connected, particularly in big waves. As I grew, I wanted to expand that connection, so I tried as many different disciplines on the ocean as I could. This series represents me chasing that connection around the world. I feel like I'm still at the starting line in my race to explore the ocean to its fullest extent."
- American surf legend Laird Hamilton declared: "He's one of the true icons of his generation and that entire group on Maui. I think his multifaceted philosophy comes out of Maui a lot. The nature of the conditions there, and the community, it's so wind-driven."
- His mentor Robby Naish added: "Kai's ability to not just dream bigger than any other waterman on the planet, but to take the methodical steps needed to actually realise those dreams, is unmatched. It's been great watching his growth over the years."
Watch the new series "
Life of Kai
" on Red Bull TV
© Red Bull Media House
Don't miss a thing from
stay in touch
online on their
or on their surfing-dedicated
World Surf League to Return to the Tweed Coast in 2021
The Best Foot Forward Tour is back for 2021!
Hiroto Ogiwara & Evy Poppe are the 2021 World Rookie Snowboard Champions!
In Transition - On Location with Cj Collins
All Day SJ - Episode 6
Join us on:
Red Bull Media House
Copyright © 2021 BRS [BOARDRIDING.COM] Home to board sports. All rights reserved.