• A fab way to let the surf scene soak into your bones is to make yourself a BRS profile! Then you can truly connect to all things surf, both in and out the water. Enjoy the Boardriding world!!
• For getting to the line-up you’ll need to be able to duck dive and/or turtle roll. The girls at Surf with Amigas have made some rad vids to help you get the technique down fast.
• For up-to-the-minute swell reports and much more, check out some awesome apps here!
• It’s no fun if you keep missing your chances, so if you’re having trouble paddling in, then here’s some advice on how to go faster.
• If you wanna improve your pop up, then here’s a great vid showing some flexibility exercises.
• Once you’re ready to be pulling sick airs then see our tips & tricks section. If you ever get stuck on a move, might save time and get you out of a rut quick.
• Make sure you know about rip currents. Remind/inform yourself with clip one… then learn how to use them to your advantage with clip two! Don’t let that lessen your respect for them in any way.
• For a chilled out round-up of tips for beginners (including pre-stretching, gauging the wave set, and practicing popping up), see here!
• Keep hitting those breaks and you’ll soon progress to a stage where you can legitimately say you’re a surfer dude/dudette - just takes time guys. So catch all you can and check out new wave types to expand your experience! Find some new spots here.
Keep it up and eventually you’ll be cruising tunnels, and dreaming of flowing with all the great beasts! ?
Watch this insane tube clip from Skeleton Bay for a taste of the future!
Surfing Skeleton Bay
Follow your heroes! Check your fav pro riders and watch them nail supersonic tricks here.
Wednesday, July 6, 2022
Men's Challenger Series - Ballito Pro 2022
Thursday, July 7, 2022
Women's Challenger Series - Ballito Pro 2022
View all streams »